What is SmartPac?
SingPost SmartPac is a prepaid alternative to registered mail that lets you mail items with tracking without having to go to the post office. If you sell stuff online in Singapore, you might already be familiar with them.
SingPost SmartPacs come in two options:
- SmartPac Envelope – costs $3.80 regularly; measures 240mm x 330mm and lets you mail items up to 1kg
- SmartPac Box – costs $4.70 regularly; measures 300mm x 190mm x 70mm and lets you mail items up to 3kg
Each SmartPac envelope or box comes with its own unique tracking number. With SmartPac, I only need to put whatever I want to mail in the envelope or box and drop it off at the postal box downstairs. Not only is it that convenient, you also don’t have to worry if the recipient is at home for the delivery. SmartPacs are put in the recipient’s mailbox if there’s no one at home to sign for it.
How to Get Cheap SmartPac Envelopes Online
This guide is for SmartPac envelopes but you can use the same trick to get SmartPac boxes too.
The envelopes are $3.80 retail, but I’m able to get them for $3.40 to $3.
It might not seem a lot but if you use these things regularly, the savings will add up.
This trick works if you are trying to get 30 envelopes or less. And the minimum you’ll need to get is 10 envelopes.
You’ll also need a MasterCard debit or credit card.
This trick can be repeated.
For 30 SmartPac envelopes at $3.10 each (save $21),
- Get an account at Qoo10.sg if you don’t already have one
- Go to Qoo10’s mastercard page and redeem your coupons
- Go to this SingPost Qoo10 listing where the envelopes are sold at $19 for 5 pieces
- Select the $19 envelopes, change the quantity to 2 and click on the coupon button beside the price. Apply the $5 MasterCard coupon
- Select the $19 envelopes and apply the $2 MasterCard coupon
- Select the $19 envelopes, change the quantity to 2, and apply the $3 MasterCard coupon
- Select the $19 envelopes and apply the $1 MasterCard coupon
After doing the above, you should see something like this:
- Add to Cart and then go to the cart page.
- You might have to scroll down a little but you should see a Shop/Cart Coupon(0) with a Use My Coupons button beside it
- Hit the Use My Coupons button and apply the $10 mastercard cart coupon
You should then get something like this:
Make payment with your MasterCard credit card or debit card and that’s it! You’ve just saved $21 🙂
The MasterCard coupons can be redeemed once a month on Wednesdays after 2pm.
You could probably also use friends’/family’s/a new Qoo10 account. I have no idea whether using multiple accounts is against their terms though so you might want to check.
For 10 SmartPac envelopes at $3 each (save $8),
- Get the MasterCard Qoo10’s mastercard page and go to this product listing
- Change the quantity to 2 and apply the $5 MasterCard coupon.
- Go to your Qoo10 shopping cart and apply the $3 MasterCard cart coupon
- Your total will be $30 or $3 per envelope for 10 envelopes
For 5 SmartPac envelopes at $3.40 each (save $2),
- Get the Qoo10’s mastercard page and go to the same listing
- Apply the $2 MasterCard coupon to lower the price to $17 per 5 pieces
- For $17, there isn’t usually a cart coupon check just to be sure
How to Save Even More on SmartPacs
The MasterCard coupons are the most readily available coupons I can find.
Qoo10 runs a lot of promotions so you might be able to get even better deals if you collect other coupons.
They also have promos that give away free Qpoints. You can use these Qpoints to offset your purchases (100 Qpoints = $1). The promos usually give away 100 to 1000 Qpoints.
Qpoints can be stacked with coupons to get your cost per envelope even lower.
Did my post help or was this something you already know?
If you have any other tricks for getting cheap SmartPacs, please share them below 🙂